Estimated cooking time:15 minutes (serves 2)
|medium-sized Russet potatoes
||2 or 3
|small red onions or shallots
|garlic with skin on
|dried mixed herbs
|dried parsley flakes
||enough to cover potatoes
Preparing the ingredients
- Wash the potatoes. And cut them about 1cm thick by 2cm wide. We want them to cook fast but not too small that they break up during cooking.
- Slice the onions and put them aside.
- Put the cut potatoes in a flat non-stick pan and cover the potatoes with water.
- Set pan to boil for about 10min. Use a fork to check that the potatoes are cooked.
- When the potatoes are done, pour away the boiling water. And put aside the pan cover to let the water in the pan evaporate. This will help to make the potatoes more fluffy.
- Add the dried parsley and mixed herbs, and salt to the hot potatoes. Add some olive oil and mix them well with the potatoes and herbs.
- Heat up the pan with the potatoes again. Do not stir them too much. Cover the pan initially for about a minute to let the onions and garlic cook. Then remove the cover and try to brown the contents. Add more oil if necessary to coat the potatoes if they stick to the pan too much.
- Serve hot.
(If the potatoes are cold again, reheat in the oiled pan without adding any more oil.)